Signal Mountain Real Estate Everything You Need to Know About Signal Mountain
Just minutes away from downtown Chattanooga, many enjoy the community of Signal Mountain. Known for its natural beauty, the mountain is home to Signal Point and Rainbow Lake Trail. Additionally, the Town of Signal Mountain oversees nine horticultural parks, three natural areas, three scenic parks and five wilderness parks.
Between Signal Mountain Farm, an all organic produce farm, and the Signal Mountain Farmers Market, a farmer run market, finding the area’s best produce is no problem on the mountain. Throughout the year, the Town of Signal Mountain hosts fun-filled community, including an East Egg Hunt, a 4th of July parade, barbecue and fireworks, a Labor Day Barbecue and a Christmas Tree Lighting at the Mountain Arts Community Center.
In 2020, over three hundred forty homes were sold on Signal Mountain at average price of $437,000 and an average size of 3,500 square feet. Nearly half of Signal Mountain’s residents have children under eighteen years old, making education a top priority in the community. Students on Signal Mountain may attend Thrasher Elementary, Nolan Elementary, Signal Mountain Middle High School, Signal Mountain Christian School or one of the many private schools in the downtown Chattanooga area.
What to Do on Signal Mountain:
- Hike all kinds of trails at Rainbow Lake
- Kickoff the fall season at Signal Mountain Nursery‘s fall festival
- Enjoy a family fun day at The Pumpkin Patch Playground
- Check out the mountain’s newest boutique and gift shop, The Freckled Peddler
- Attend one of Signal Mountain Nursery‘s many hands-on workshops
- Explore Fairmount Orchard and try some of the best cider around
- Visit the southernmost trailhead of the Cumberland Trail at Signal Point
- Spend the day shopping at Threads, Accents, Cutting Corners and Chattanooga Jewelry Co.
- Find fun and specialty toys at Mountain Top Toys
- Pamper yourself at Nail Bar, J. Smith Salon, The Peak or Nudo’s
Where to Eat on Signal Mountain:
- Hummingbird Pastaria
- The Signal Mountain Cookie Lady
- Fortune House Restaurant
- Mayfly Coffee
- 517 Subs
- Max’s Restaurant
- The Sushi Place
- Guthrie’s Chicken
What We Love About Signal Mountain:
- “HIKING! I love the Cumberland Trail and Rainbow Lake. You can’t beat the view from Signal Point!”
- “Signal Mountain feels like an escape from everything, but is just twenty minutes from downtown”
- “Great schools and luxury property”
- “I love visiting the Signal Mountain Farmers Market on Thursday afternoons”
- “The sense of community, all of the trees and greenspaces”
- “A great small town community where everyone knows everyone else!”
- “I love the golf community and classic homes”
- “Playing at the Pumpkin Patch! It is a wonderland for children!”