Hixson Real Estate Everything You Need to Know About Hixson
Less than ten miles away from the heart of downtown Chattanooga, residents of all ages find their perfect home in Hixson. Roughly 43,000 residents enjoy Hixson’s tight-knit community feel and many conveniences. Not only is the area home to Northgate Mall, but two large shopping centers also provide Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, PetSmart, PetCo and many other national retailers and restaurants.
In 2021, over 900 homes in Hixson were sold after an average of 14 days. The average home in Hixson is around 2,200 square feet and had a list price of $300,000.
Many area residents reside in Ramsgate, The Canyons, Valleybrook, Signature Oaks, Hidden Harbor, Stonewall Farms, Sedman Hills, Lakeshore, Colonial Shores, Amberbrook or in the Middle Valley area. Nearly forty percent of families living in Hixson have children under eighteen, making education a priority in the community. Students in Hixson may attend Big Ridge Elementary, Hixson Elementary, McConnell Elementary, Middle Valley Elementary, Hixson Middle, Loftis Middle and Hixson High School.
What to Do in Hixson:
- Walk, run, hike, bike, canoe and enjoy the beautiful landscape at Greenway Farms
- Find fun for the whole family through the Middle Valley Youth Association – offering baseball, football, soccer, softball and cheerleading
- Take a day, pamper yourself and get a spa treatment and a new ‘do at Silhoutte Spa
- Spend the afternoon playing on three playgrounds, picnicking and enjoying the open walking track at Vandergriff Park
- Enjoy workshops, classes and reading days at the Northgate Library
- Sign your little leaguers up to play football, baseball or softball with the Hixson Youth Athletic Association
- Explore over seventy local vendors and enjoy classic fair food with 50,000+ locals every September at the Hamilton County Fair
- Golf at Valleybrook Golf and Country Club, a previous PGA Tour stop
- Fish off the pier or the fishers’ inlet at Chester Frost Park
- Freshen up your look at Salon La Bella, Pink Pineapple Hair Salon, Jessie James Hair Studio, or Naturally Knotty Haircare
- Let your pups run free at Greenway Farms‘ off-leash dog park
- Launch your boat at Chester Frost Park‘s power boat launch and enjoy the day on Chickamauga Lake
- Shop for the whole family at Northgate Mall – Belk, Old Navy, TJ Maxx and more!
- Camp and cool off at Chester Frost Park‘s swimming beach on Chickamauga Lake
- Check out the cool finds for home decor at Vinterest.
Where to Eat in Hixson:
- Lupi’s Pizza Pies
- Choo Choo BBQ
- Sourdough Cuppa Joe/Nana’s Frozen Custard
- Mimi’s Deli and Bakery
- Nick’s Deli and Marketplace
- J. Gumbo’s
- Taco Town
- Rib & Loin
- Biba’s Italian
- Enjoy many national restaurants like LongHorn Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse, Chili’s Bar & Grill, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, Aubrey’s, and more
What We Love About Hixson:
- “Hixson is a wonderful place to raise a family! You can watch beautiful sunsets over the lake and then be downtown in less than 15 minutes!” -Kim
- “Hixson has great outdoor living and awesome views!” -Alexis
- “In Hixson, you’re close to everything and only 10-15 minutes from downtown and the airport! Plus, there are tons of outdoor activities too!” -Mandi
- “I love the Northgate Library and Hixson’s close proximity to downtown!” -Tanya