Chickamauga Real Estate Everything You Need to Know About Chickamauga
Just fifteen miles outside of downtown Chattanooga, the town of Chickamauga, Georgia is filled with small town character, beauty and history. Home to the Chickamauga Battlefield, one of the four main areas of the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Civil War history can be found around almost every corner.
Around town, you will find Crawfish Springs, a tranquil and shaded public park with picnic areas, swings and gazebos, a public library and many historic mills and mansions. In 2017, the City of Chickamauga shared a Downtown Renaissance Plan for Revitalization with locals, outlining the future plans for Chickamauga. Lantern Cove Overlook, Cherokee Knoll, Maple Hill and Mill Creek Village, all neighborhoods of Cloudland Station, and Farming Rock Meadows, a new development east of historical Chickamauga, have been attracting new residents to the Chickamauga in recent years.
In 2021, 246 homes in Chickamauga were sold at an average price of $251,000 and an average size of 1,871 square feet, after 20 on the market. Of the 3,158 area residents, fifty-eight percent are married and around 734 couples have kids under the age of eighteen. Students that live within the Chickamauga city limits may attend Chickamauga Elementary, Gordon Lee Middle School and Gordon Lee High School – all schools that are part of the tax-funded institution of Chickamauga City Schools. Students that live outside of the Chickamauga city limits may pay tuition to attend Chickamauga City Schools or attend Walker County schools. The Walker County School District operates Cherokee Valley Elementary, Cherokee Ridge Elementary, Fairyland Elementary, Gilbert Elementary, Naomi Elementary, North LaFayette Elementary, Rock Spring Elementary, Rossville Elementary, Stone Creek Elementary, Chattanooga Valley Middle, LaFayette Middle, Rossville Middle, LaFayette High or Ridgeland High.
What to Do in Chickamauga:
- Enjoy live music, parades, dancing and arts and crafts with families and friends at the annual Down Home Days celebration
- Shop at five different shops all under one roof at One Eleven Gordon
- Watch live history demonstrations and a parade at the Blue and Grey Barbecue celebration
- Kickoff the fall months at the Chickamauga Pumpkin Fest
- Walk the track and take in the scenic view at Holland-Watson Memorial Park, commonly known at “Helicopter Park”
- Get in the holiday spirit at Christmas in the Streets with live music, parades and holiday vendors
- Find a wide variety of unique gifts and collectibles at Sophie’s
- Take in the beauty of Gordon-Lee Mansion and Lee & Gordon’s Mills – two of the area’s hottest venues for picture perfect weddings and private parties
- Learn to be crafty and have fun while doing it and one of Red Barn Designs’ paint parties
Where to Eat in Chickamauga:
What We Love About Chickamauga:
“I love how quaint and charming the whole town of Chickamauga is!”
“Chickamauga and the surrounding areas very charming and picturesque.”